Just Keep Swimming: Toddlers Preschool Program in Madison, WI
Welcome to our Ocean Room at Country Grove Preschool! This room provides a big sea of education for 2-and 3-year old children enrolled in our toddlers preschool program in Madison, WI. We have a maximum of 12 toddlers and two teachers in this room. We offer part-day and full-day options with an established curriculum that provides them with various hands-on learning opportunities. Through a theme-based curriculum, the students learn about the diverse community and world around them. Our toddlers program emphasizes self-help skills and fine and large motor skills development. We promote positive social-emotional skills, such as sharing, group play, and self-awareness.
Tips to Get Your Child Prepared for Preschool
We know it can be scary for your little one to enter our doors into an unknown world. We’ll put their minds at ease, and you can help us in a few ways:
- Stick with routines – A routine helps your child have a better sense of belonging and control. They’ll ease into the structure of preschool with a concept of sequence and time.
- Work on fine motor skills – When crafting and creating, kids fine-tune their fine motor skills. This helps prepare them for the fun, educational activities they’ll do at preschool.
- Take time to read – Reading helps enhance your child’s speaking skills. They’ll have a more extensive vocabulary to communicate in the classroom.
- Sneak peek our school – Bring your child to our preschool to get them familiar with it. They’ll feel as if they aren’t stepping into another planet once they begin the school year.
Typical Toddlers Program Schedule
- 7:15 Arrival / Discovery and Exploration
- 8:45 Bathroom Break
- 9:00 Breakfast
- 9:30 Music and Movement
- 9:40 Morning Circle Time
- 10:00 Morning Activities
- 11:00 Recess
- 11:45 Bathroom Break
- 12:00 Lunch
- 12:30 Story Time / Nap Time Prep
- 1:00 Quiet Time / Nap Time
- 2:30 Wake Up / Bathroom Break
- 3:00 Snack